Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05 Silverado 1500
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up y’all. I won’t waste no time so I jump right into it. I have a 05 Chevy Silverado with a 5.3, to start off the truck runs fine and has no codes. After I start it up and start driving I can hear this faint whistle sound it goes away after so many rpm’s, and it also does it in park. Don’t know where it coming from exactly. Been doing some research and seen a few people has had some similar but no fixes. If u all have any ideas where I could start or what to look for I would really appreciate it. Thanks

·
Administrator
8,126 Posts
Vacuum leak? Does it have a throttle body spacer? Belt squeal? Belt tensioner bearing? Static in the radio?

·
Registered
05 Silverado 1500
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vacuum leak? Does it have a throttle body spacer? Belt squeal? Belt tensioner bearing? Static in the radio?
Well at first I thought it was my radio. But I turned my volume all the way down and still does it. I did remove my belt and checked all my pulleys and all is good there, my truck does not have a tb spacer either. I have a stethoscope at work I’ll have to check it when I get off work

·
Administrator
8,126 Posts
Keep us posted.

You could still have noise coming thru the radio even with the volume all the way down. Maybe pull the fuse just to double check.

·
Registered
05 Silverado 1500
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep us posted.

You could still have noise coming thru the radio even with the volume all the way down. Maybe pull the fuse just to double check.
Done that and it still whistled. I got off work and actually shut my truck off and the whistle actually stayed. And I was able to find it finally. And it was the check valve grommet to the brake booster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts