Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to install a Pioneer FH-X700BT head unit in my 2007 Silverado. I have the harness for the steering wheel controls. I have on-star in the truck and no Bose, i do not care about keeping on-star but i am not sure if i need the harness for the chimes, Will this cause any other problems if i do not have it? If there are any other tips you guys would like to share a would appreciate it. I searched for the unit i am installing but did not have any hits. I am new here so if i may have overlooked something please let me know. Thanks all.

·
Registered
795 Posts
You'll need a harness to retain OnStar, turn signal, backup warning, and any other bells and whistles that are routed thru the stereo system.

Enter your truck's info on PAC's web site to see what you'll need...

http://pac-audio.com/

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just installed the same head unit into an 06 z71 with bose and on star with the steering wheel interface. I bought the Gmos-04 harness by access interface or something like that and the steering wheel control harness from the same company. Wired up easily and quickly. Only downside was the price and the shear amount of crap involved in installing it all. Behind the head unit there wasn't enough room for all the wires/control boxes or whatever you'd like to call them. Had to chip out the think black plastic that held in the stock stereo. Just look up gmos 04 on ebay. That's where I got it the cheapest. Has some little problems at first but works great now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.