Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally was able take delivery of the toolbox that "came with" my truck when i bought it a couple weeks ago. I'm a little disappointed that I lose my front tie downs, and I'm not loving the "J-Hook" fastening system, seems a little wishywashy. However, it is awesome to finally have all of my tools, ratchet straps, tow straps, hitch accessories, and winch out of the back seat of the truck, haha! Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
Looks like a good quality box to me. I kind of wish I had one, but I have a cover and that takes care of that. Plus, I can imagine it is a PIA to try to dig stuff out from the bottom of the thing without jumping up into the bed. I guess it would be great for some of that bulky heavy stuff that you don't use on a regular basis though but you want to keep out of the way.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Looks good on there,
these saddle boxes are perfect if you carry a lot of tools all the time.
I have a full set of weatherguard boxes( saddle box and two side boxes), I would like the look of my
truck better without them, certainly without the side boxes, but they work great.
I take it you got the GM box through the dealer, I looked at a couple of those on
dealer lots, they look like they are made really well.
By the way, I have used the J hooks before and I bet you could flip that truck over and not have the box come off.

Joe

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Looks really good on your truck! Somewhere to keep your stuff now...also the j-hooks keep from putting holes in your bed from bolts or screws...I've had no problems with mine being secured with the j-hooks and I must have 250# plus of tools & stuff in mine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I put a steel flip up handle on each end for tiedown. I put 1/8 rubber gasket between the steel handle and aluminum box to reduce corrosion and fit up to the diamond plate. The rubber extends down a little so the handle swings against rubber instead of the aluminum box. I also put 1 inch wide steel straps about 3/16 thick drilled & tapped under the bed rail to bolt the box down. I was a little suspicious of the J hooks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.