Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,
First time post. Just want to say Hi and introduce myself.
2011 Silverado 1500 5.3 No pictures yet. Coming soon.

Question: When I activate the 4 wheel drive the only indicator that comes on is the little dot on the knob. I can see in the instrument panel that there is a AWD indicator but it doesn't light up. There is also a an ECO symbol on it as well and no lights there. Not even on start up. Are they supposed to or only if there is a problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, and love this forum

Ken

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Only indication i have is the little dot. It would be nice though i have driven from pittsburg to buffalo in Auto 4wd since i forgot to switch it back.

You should mod that! let us know when you figure out where the wiring is!

I have never seen the ECO symbol so i may not have it. I think in 2011 there was a tahoe that had hybrid technology in it. maybe they just used the same clusters for all of them?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Well AWD is not 4WD so maybe its used on the AWD model. Not sure how anyone can afford and AWD silverado though, they must suck gas just sitting in the driveway.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
Yah, that is what I was thinking. The AWD light is for other vehicles. Maybe they use the same instrument cluster in other vehicles that do use AWD. It is probably a cost saving move by GM and they likely figured that if the light doesn't ever come on, no one would notice that there is a spot for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When trying to explain the little 4wd symbol, I think I mis-spoke. The symbol is the same 4wd symbol that is on the knob indicator. Shows 4 wheels and the drive shafts. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
171 Posts
+1 on the manual transfer cases. The tree stump on the doghouse doesn't have any lights in it like the trucks had in the 90's, to the indicator light is in the dash in yellow. Electronic shift transfer cases have the indicator on the knob. There's probably a way to activate it by splicing into the wiring, then you would have both indicator lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.