Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might sound rather newb-ish but I was wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with performance at high-altitude locations. I moved from CA to WY and jumped in elevation roughly 6000 feet. I have thought about adding cold air intake K&N and perhaps cat-back exhaust but dont want to jeopardize anything with the already thin air. would the increased air flow help or hurt my situation? thanks...

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I lived in Denver area for about 12 years and I don't see any reason you could not mod how you want. The sensors compensate for fuel air mixtures at higher altitudes. I have been a fan of opening up the exhaust on every thing I have ever owned since the early 70's, Including a couple of Camaros and a Ford Bronco I owned in Colorado.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. Thank you for your input. This is my daily driver and I'm not exactly a millionaire so I can't really afford to mess this up, which is why I asked the question. Thanks, again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.