Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, this weekend i will be porting my throttle body and my intake manifold runners and possibly the mouth where the throttle body bolts to if it looks like it would benefit. i dont think anyone on here has done it so im gonna try. if it frees up a little bit of power, awesome, if it for some reason loses power, thats fine, im just out an intake manifold. i will find a way to forgive myself :lol:

if anyone has some input, tips, or tricks that would be great! thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
keep us posted. how much are you porting? also iirc, polishing does nothing for a/f mixture . it tends to like the "rough" surface.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not too sure how much total material will be taken off but i will be do a "how to" of sorts. should have everything up on here by monday night. and i did read that air flows better on a rough surface so i think im going to tackle it with a stone attachment and just sand it so its not too rough but still has some roughness to it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
nice, I ported my tb on my turbo car then tuned it and could see a bit more airflow during my scan. your tune is going to be a bit off now. but im sure lew can hook you up

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah shoot i didnt even think about that.. it should be fine for a week or two right?
i am actually thinking now since im digging into my engine should i pull the heads and port them? maybe up the valve sizes if possible? i am getting my engine ready for a cam and down the road for either a procharger or supercharger so every little bit should help.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just got ahold of lew, after i port them i have to do 150 miles of driving then send him a steady driving tune. now i cant wait to actually see how well this will work!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts