Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the back seats ups and noticed some rust on the bracket right where it bolts to the floor. It's worst on rear passenger corner in backseat but there's a couple other spots as well. Anyone else have this? Truck is 2010 sierra 1500

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No rear window. Just got the truck and just noticed it today. Thought was weird cause even up off the floor rust spots all way up to right under seat

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,459 Posts
Its just light surface rust right? If so, its normal as long as its on the uncoated steel. No water has to be there for untreated metal to rust.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carfax says nothing about salvage. Well if its on the bracket and blot that goes through the floor pretty good chance it will rot the floor right out as well.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Yeah, that's what it is on mine, just surface rust on unpainted. Actually a green scotch brite will take it off.
Course it comes back after a month....I just let it go.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Even though water is physically not getting in the truck there is still a lot of moisture generated in the air due to fluctuation in temperature. Makes it even easier for the untreated metal to begin rusting. This could be some of your problem?

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,459 Posts
If its a salvage truck then it would have a salvage title and it should say it on the car fax. If the rust is just surface rust you can remove the brakets and cleqn them up and paint them. That will stop the surface rust.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The part of the article I found interesting was that Carfax would only report flood loss if the owner filled an insurance claim. If my vehicle is a 2000 model I would not have full coverage insurance 12 Years later.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have rust in the exact same location on my 2010 crew cab. I don't know why it's just on the passenger side and not the driver's side. It's surface rust, but is ugly. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. You can always paint it like another member suggested. So far I have let it go, but might address it one of these days when I'm bored in the garage.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That's a good idea, spray the jams and hinges for winter too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.