Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've searched everywhere but can't seem to find anyone with this issue. I have the notorious steering column clunk and after reading around purchased a replacement intermediate shaft (P/N 19153614) from GM Parts Direct. They confirmed and double checked the correct shaft with my VIN.

2005 Silverado 1500, 5.3L, 2WD, crew cab, LT

The old shaft and new shaft are different lengths however with the new one being shorter??? I've taken some pics of me trying to fit up the new shaft and you can see it is WAY off and simply doesn't reach. Anyone have any clues? Perhaps there was an old fix the previous owner did that changed some related parts? Ideas appreciated!

With correct alignment under the dash you can see the mis-match under the hood

Here, you see how things mate up under the dash when aligned properly under the hood.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ASTE25 for the valuable tip.

Meanwhile I'm feeling like Tommy Boy in the scene where he's sparing with the lift trolly at the plant, and when he gets caught by his dad admits, "I'm retarded". Yep I outsmarted myself on this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.