Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,657 Posts
Why not just measure it and find our for sure? But if you have the full console, I doubt it.

I looking into that route on my 01, which is essentially the same console with minor cosmetic differences like the lid and cup holder area. There wasn't much room under there once you got down to it. What it measured exactly I don't recall, but I'm fairly certain it was no where near the size you need

· Registered
795 Posts
Keep in mind you not only need room to mount the amp but space for it to breathe too. Otherwise you risk the amp going into thermal protection mode when it gets too hot.

· Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
B Cubed said:
Keep in mind you not only need room to mount the amp but space for it to breathe too. Otherwise you risk the amp going into thermal protection mode when it gets too hot.
Always worth mentioning, heat is your enemy.

I ran two auxiliary fans in my last close quarters installation of these amps even though they have a built in fans. I built a mounting rack and slid them into the end of my tool cabinets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.