·
Registered
2022 Silverado Custom
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Just took delivery of a 2022 Silverado Custom
the truck has had problems since day 1
Sales guy brought it out from detail and it said service front camera he dismissed it and said its fine of course dont worry about it

Got home every time it starts same thing
1st try Dealer- dropped it off they replaced the camera( entire time front collision button does nothing when push it nor does it work even with the new camera

2nd try bring it back new camera installed still doesnt fix it

My question is this normal with these (1st time silverado owner)? I am very sure it may just be a lemon and I guess the law says they have 2 tries which they have had. What are your thoughts? Thanks so much!!!

Truck info
2022 Silverado Custom
New not CPO
500 miles

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,922 Posts
Nope not normal. Take it back to the dealer and don't accept it back until it's actually fixed. In the meantime, call GM and have them start a case. That will may give the dealer the push they need to actually fix it.

Maybe even try a different dealer if there's one around.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,155 Posts
Why would it be normal to have broken things on a brand new truck?

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4
3,483 Posts
My forward camera went out and I never got a notification. None of the features that use the camera would work and the light on the button would not come on. I'm referring to the camera in the windshield, not the one in the grille.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You think it might be a lemon because (so far the only problem is) a broken camera?

Have you looked to see what it says in the owner's manual about the camera? NO CLUE, but what if it just needs to be adjusted or calibrated?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Two tries? Lol, I believe you have to be out of the car for 30 days for the same issue without it being fixed for the lemon law. At least that's how it works in my state.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts