Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bilsteins can give me 2 inches of front level, or if I add back shocks 2 extra inches of back lift , giving a 2 inch lift OR a combination of say 2 inch front and 1 inch back decreasing rake by an inch , and giving 1 inch total lift.

Ranchos will not give be total lift but will add 2 inches of level to the front?

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,240 Posts
The Ride Height Adjustable's are for front only. Any rear shock will not add lift. The Ranch Quick Lift will level the front with the back only. If you plan to tow, you may want to think about using a system that creates rake if you must level it. I used a 2.5 level that uses a rear block to raise the rear to create 1/2" of rake. Still looks level though. The Bilstein 5100's do 1.77" so it leaves some rake too. I might opt for the 5100's if I were to do again. Mainly because you can level and get a better shock than factory for less than doing it individually. 2 for one deal.

· SilveradoSierra Guru, How-To Author
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,666 Posts
You could swap the stock rear block with a 2" block and add the Bilsteins up front. The 2" blocks should give you around 3/4 inches rear lift.. But would be a all around lift. You can add the rear Bilsteins for the firmer ride and towing ability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.