Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 1500 crew cab LTZ. The power tow mirrors were installed before I purchased the truck. I would assume they are factory but not 100% certain. This is my issue. Usually if I leave the truck overnight (but not always) I wake up with my passenger mirror tilted all the way up and to the right. I then have to re-adjust the mirror to the correct position. It may last all day, sometimes it wont. If I change the settings on the dash to work when I shift into reverse my drivers mirror will tilt up a fraction instead of down like it is suppose to. If I put it back in park it is suppose to go back to its normal setting, it doesn't. If I switch it back into reverse again it tilts up a fraction again and so on. I then have to adjust the mirror every time I shift in and out of gear. I ended up turning the auto adjust mirrors off and seem to have no problems with them moving unless I move them myself. My initial thought was that it was the replacement of the mirrors and they were not compatible with the original mirrors. My second thought was that it was a wiring or computer communication issue. Any thoughts or tips on how to figure out what is going on?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I could be wrong, but if your truck has RPO code DL3 and the previous owner put the tows on, he may not have had the computer flashed.

Again, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there was someone on here who had this happen....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.