Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to replace my stock Goodyears with either some Cooper Discoverer AT3s or Duratracs and had a quick question about sizing... My stock tires are 275/55/20. Can I bump up to 275/60/20 or will they not fit? I know they are a little taller (which would be preferable).

My truck has the Z60 suspension with the factory 20s and is stock. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,433 Posts
A 275/55r20 is about 31-32" tall depending on what tire. Then a 275/60r20 is 33" tall so I wouldn't think that a 1 or 2 inch difference would make them not fit. Unless they are close to rubbing now id say youll be fine. And dont forget that it is really only 1/2" to an inch bigger because you have to cut it in half due to the side wall is split between one side of the rim and the other.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I put 285/70r17s on my truck which are a little shorter and a little wider. There is no way they would have fit without a levelling kit. I doubt 275/60r20 would fit without rubbing issues with no levelling kit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, thanks fellas. I do have a 1" leveling kit that I installed and then removed about 6 months later. I missed the rake when towing/hauling. Personal preference... OCD :) I will stick to the stock tire size. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
That will let you keep some of the rake, but it will still take away some. Since the stock rear blocks are 1.25" this will only add 0.75" to the back, while you'll be lifting the front 2". If you want all of the rake, youre better off getting 3" rear blocks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where do you see that? In the "Fitment" section it states this:

Quick Specs

Front Lift Height: 2"
Front Lift Method: Lower Strut Mounts
Rear Lift Height: 2"
Rear Lift Method: Block Kit
Install Time Hrs: 4
Difficulty Level 1-5: 2
Max Tire Size: 285/55 R20
Wheel Size: Stock
Back Spacing: Stock

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Description:

Want more than just a leveling kit? This complete 2" lift will not only lift the front of the vehicle 2", but it also includes a 2" block and U-bolt kit for the rear as well. This system maintains factory ride and handling characteristics.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That still doesn't match up with the 1.25" blocks that you mentioned. I must be confused.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
The rear factory block is 1.25". Replacing it with a 2" block nets you 3/4" more lift than stock.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now that I'm clear on that, would the 2" lift give me the clearance I need to run the 275/60/20s?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.