Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad sad day for me... My sister totaled my 2000 GMC Jimmy. Smashed in the headlight and bent the hood. Repair cost exceeds the value of it. (my sister is fine) It was my dad's before he passed away and he and I took amazing care of it. Anyways, just thought I'd share. Gonna go by the shop it's at tomorrow for a final look and try to take an emblem off the back.

Sam

·
Registered
69 Posts
My brother-in-law had my late father's older PU... it was totalled while parked on his property (a driver on the road leaned down to get something off the floorboards and ran off the road). BIL bought it back from the insurance company and had the auto body program at the local high school put it back together very inexpensively. It helped that my BIL has been a practicing veterinarian in the community for 30 years and knows the auto body instructor at the high school. Anyway, worked out well for everyone and by BIL still has a good truck for around the farm.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If it's just headlights and a hood in no way should you not fix and keep. I have an 01 Blazer that is my daily driver. We drive the crap out of it, even pull snowmobiles with it, gets great gas mileage and is very reliable. That one's a keeper.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
A blazer is like a mini tahoe! It's so cute!

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
Another vote to buy the insurance out and keep it. Those Jimmy and Blazer trucks are like mini tanks. A little cosmetic damage is just more experience, and as stated, you could easily find whatever parts you needed at a junkyard..

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
If it looks cute then it's doing it's job.... guys who drive hemi rams are always caught off guard. They're easy targets though :(

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fellas, as much as I wanted to keep it, it was better to take the money from the insurance company and get my sister another vehicle. It has broken my heart, but I still have my dad's John Deere that I will keep FOREVER. That was even more of his baby.

Sam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.