Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, while I was underneath my truck changing the oil last night I decided to check everything over real good while I was already down there. I found that on both sides the plate that the jounce bumper mounts to is bent upwards towards the UCA mount. It was too dark to take pictures last night but I will post some later today if I can get a good shot. The bent jounce bumper plate is causing the UCA mounts to bend slightly too. I have no idea how long they have been bent or if they were bent before I bought the truck (50,000 miles ago). Just wondering if anyone has ever noticed this on their truck or have seen this before. I am going to take a better look this weekend and see if I can straighten it back out and strengthen it up some as it looks to be a pretty week design.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I pulled this picture from another forum just so I can show you guys what Im talking about. Mine is not this bad but the plate the jounce bumper mounts to is starting to bend up like this one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another picture of mine, the right side of the upper control arm mount just seemed to fold. It only has a small weld attaching to the jounce bumper plate. It seems like a very weak design.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.