Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Silverado
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am nearing retirement and have been looking for an excellent used Chevy truck to tow my Chevrolets to shows / conventions. I just purchased this 2000 1500 2wd, garage kept 100,000 mile Silverado from the original owner. He had all the paperwork including window sticker. His father was a GM employee in MI and ordered the towing options. Picked it up two weeks ago today.

Two years ago I purchased from the same couple their garage kept 2011 HHR LT2 with 44,000 miles to replace my 2010 HHR with 225,000. The couple we purchased it from liked us and requested to be FB friends. Then three weeks ago I saw their post about selling this. I messaged them and told them I would buy it.

It is so clean inside and out and I love the Leer cap. I can put my stuff for trips in the bed. The prior owner had replaced all the belts and hoses, pads and rotors and fluids. I feel fortunate to have it and it will not be driven in winter so that it remains in its current condition.

I just have to check into the fuel sending unit because when the tank is filled it goes to "empty" but then starts to register when it uses a few gallons of gas. Challenge accepted!!!!!
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
899 Posts
Welcome from Wyoming. Nice ride! I also have an older Silverado (2001) that I bought years ago from a guy who took great care of his vehicles. currently, I have less than 140,000 miles on mine (I just use it for hunting, camping, and the occasional hauling of stuff). I've never had a problem with it (knock on wood). Again, welcome and nice ride!

·
Registered
2002 Silverado
255 Posts
Excellent! I love that generation of Silverados, I have an '02. Not my daily driver, but took it to work today to give it some highway miles. Nice you found one with incredibly low mileage for the year - and garage kept. What engine do you have? Hopefully the fuel gauge situation won't be too bad.

I also nearing retirement, maybe the end of next year. The plan was to sell my Silverado when I retire, keeping it as a backup while I'm working. I have a mid size pickup truck - but the Silverado runs so well I may just hang onto it.

·
Administrator
9,126 Posts
I drove an '00 LT for 13 years. I'd probably still have it if it wasn't for all the rust LOL. Welcome to the site.

Reactions: chvyman

·
Registered
2002 Silverado
255 Posts
I drove an '00 LT for 13 years. I'd probably still have it if it wasn't for all the rust LOL. Welcome to the site.
Yes that's the situation with mine being in New England. The frame is very good though for it's year. Mine has around 191k miles and the engine runs like it's brand new. Nice your '13 SLE has less than 25k miles!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Wow! Really nice looking 2000 model! I'm not sure I made it past 3 years with my 2005 GMC 1500 with it looking that nice. My 2005 was kept outside. We bought a storage shed and cleaned out our 2 car attached garage in 2018 in order to park our new vehicles in our clean garage. I obviously can't speak for anyone else, but keeping our vehicles in the garage has made a huge difference in how new they look. My lovely bride has a 2018 Lincoln Continental that looks as good as it did the day she drove it home. I think my 2018 GMC 1500 does too. She drives 2 miles to work in her car and usually parks there about 6 hours on most work days. I have spent a lot of time on upkeep of both vehicles. Being retired made finding the time to do the upkeep on our vehicles easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts