Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 silverado qith 30k miles. Installed the aircharger and since then have been having very rough starts after sotting all night. No check engine lights, what could this be?! Its worrisome as I may just send it back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Did you check all of your connections making sure they are tight without any leaks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
You might need to clean and reset the throttle body. Over time your air flow is monitored and learned. Now that you have a cold air intake you are putting a different flow of air through the throttle body. Pretty much on start up the computer does not know how to react to the change. Below is how to clean your TB.

How to Clean your Throttle Body

Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
+1 ^ This would save you the cleaning time. It might be unnecessary to clean the TB on a 2010.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I disconnected the throttle body and battery for approx a half hr. Guess ill find out tomorrow morning if it worked. If not, it will be returned for a different brand
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Doc61199 said:
I disconnected the throttle body and battery for approx a half hr. Guess ill find out tomorrow morning if it worked. If not, it will be returned for a different brand
If it doesn't work right away be patient. Give it a couple of days of driving as the TB does relearn the airflow and this can take a few start ups and drives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,508 Posts
ZSilv71 said:
+1 ^ This would save you the cleaning time. It might be unnecessary to clean the TB on a 2010.
Says the guy who hasn't looked at his throttle body ;) . I just cleaned mine on my '11 and it was very dirty, 37k miles. It's super easy and super cheap to do it yourself.
If while doing the install the OP in any way touched or messed with the butterfly a cleaning would clear things up for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
jimnfor said:
ZSilv71 said:
+1 ^ This would save you the cleaning time. It might be unnecessary to clean the TB on a 2010.
Says the guy who hasn't looked at his throttle body ;) . I just cleaned mine on my '11 and it was very dirty, 37k miles. It's super easy and super cheap to do it yourself.
If while doing the install the OP in any way touched or messed with the butterfly a cleaning would clear things up for him.
:lol: I cleaned one on a Trailblazer with a K&N CAI and man did it help. It was amazing how dirty both sides of the TB can get. Probably one of the easiest things you can do to your vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I called KandN today and they are sending me a revised intake tube. The lady said she has heard of this problem before and they have since modified the original intake tube. She was confident this would fix my problem. I must say the customer service was fantastic and possibly the best experience Ive ever had dealing with a company. Overnighting it and Ill install it tomorrow. Let yas know how I make out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Doc61199 said:
So I called KandN today and they are sending me a revised intake tube. The lady said she has heard of this problem before and they have since modified the original intake tube. She was confident this would fix my problem. I must say the customer service was fantastic and possibly the best experience Ive ever had dealing with a company. Overnighting it and Ill install it tomorrow. Let yas know how I make out
Awesome! Interesting to know if it works for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing, I also have same K+N, guess ill have to phone them and get a new one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it didn't work immediately after install. Hopefully driving and sitting overnight will fix it. On a plus side they sent me an entire new kit, including all the hardware. Amazing! What's keeping them from getting scammed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just think this is ridiculous I am having these issues, it really is absurd. The throttle body looked clean today, no dirt or anything on the outside flange that I could visibly see
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top