Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up my K&N Blackhawk cold air intake system for 268.00 and its worth every penny. I was skeptical at first but after installing it I can really feel a difference. I have pickup when I need it and its super smooth. when I floor it you can really hear the great sound and it makes my truck sound more beefy. i get better throttle response and I can fly through the gears. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting to replace the stock air filter. it took me about an hour and 45 minutes and i'm only 18 so its pretty straight forward.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Nice install. I have not actually seen this product before, do you (or anyone else) know if this is the same as the 63 Series? It looks rather conventional for K&N, just a nice murdered out version. Price seems about right too.

Add an exhaust and you'll really get a good sound.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looks really nice in black! Do you have to oil it or did k&n go dry for once?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Is it just me, or is $268 for that really high?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blackhawk is just (Blacked out) all black finish instead of a chrome look. The filter is oil free and doesn't require oil to work. I currently have flowmaster super 40 on the truck and it sounds great.

·
Registered
566 Posts
looks good, I have the 63 series looks about the same as mine. I didn't go with the chrome unit.
I also have a 40 series flow also , like the sound...

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Hartski said:
Is it just me, or is $268 for that really high?
Not too bad....mine ran around $240, though I had a discount that put it under $200 (63 Series).

I'm digging the blacked out version, and oil-free is not bad either, always a little hesitant when cleaning mine.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Looks good and thanks for the write and your thoughts..:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am very happy with mine also. I like the idea of aluminum instead of plastic and black over shiny EVERY time. And the dry vs. Oiled filter is a bonus.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Very nice, I like that it's dry. This could be one of the best intakes for these trucks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
not to burst anyone's bubble, but I'm 99.99% sure that K&N Blackhawk is just a rebranded and dyed black AEM Filter. Notice how the term Dryflow has the trademark symbol right after it? AEM holds that trademark and K&N (for lack of a better term) owns AEM, they had just been letting them do their own thing for all these years. Looks like K&N finally made a good call... hopefully they are as reliable as the AEM's.

With K&N's rep (and personal experience of a dusted intake tube) i'll wait to see other people's experience.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi guys. Thanks for all of the info above!

I have a question.

I have a 2013 6.2L V8 1500 Sierra Denali.

I installed this intake on my truck and the mpg seemed to BOTTOM OUT.

I tried a few methods of resetting the ecu on my vehicle but am not sure if I'm doing it properly.

I've tried removing just the negative for an hour. I've tried removing both poles on the battery. I've removed fuses that I saw in another post but I'm not sure if any of that worked.

My radio stations were never forgotten and my settings all continued to stay. How would I know if I reset it properly?

Thanks in advance and have any of you had a similar issue with the mpg?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.