Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I just bought a 2010 chevy silverado crew cab LT oklahoma edition and it didn't come with a key fob. Just one key. Smh.. but I was looking into buying a key fob for my truck. I was wondering if you guys know if my truck is already equipped with remote start? If it is then I want to but a key fob with remote start. My truck has a code of AP3. I have been doing some research and im a little confused with all the information. I'm a noob since this is my first truck. Thanks..

· Registered
554 Posts
Welcome to the site, best place to ask questions.

Where did you get the truck? From a dealer or private sale?

A dealer should have provided the fob, I always make sure I get at least two in the deal; a private sale?, if they lost their fobs what else were they forgetting to look after on the truck?

They can be ordered on Amazon.com

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,657 Posts
AP3 means you have remote start already there. You just need to get the keyfobs and have them programmed. Dealer would probably get you for $150, but as stated they can be found on Amazon for much less and you program it yourself with included instructions.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I bought the truck at a used dealership. I was disappointed when they said they only had one key and no fob which sucked but oh well easy replacement. Thanks again guys will try to get this done ASAP because it sucks not having a key fob..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.