Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My key fob just recently died completely. I replaced the battery and still get nothing. I'm about to buy a new one online but I'm a little confused. Online it says I should use a different model # than the one on the back of my existing fob. Should I go with the same model number I have now or get the one it says I should get online. I'm leaning toward just getting the one I already have. Anybody have any reason why I shouldn't?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I got a new one for my wife`s 12 GMC Acadia off of ebay. Just picked the one that looked like hers and had to have the dealer program it. Works great. Not sure about your truck because it`s older.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey I just recently bought additional 4 button key fobs replacement's for my 2011 after my original went MIA. I bought one from the dealer of $126 and than 2 from http://www.keylessentryremotefob.com and for like $40. the ones on the site said different # than my original, so I typed in the code from the back of the original fob and it worked out fine for me. so I say stick to the original part # man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.