Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I purchased a 2003 2500hd gas and they lost the key, just so they say it turns on and runs they broke the ignition cylinder. After that the security got enabled and truck won't run, I had to drill the ignition cylinder out and I purchased a o.e.m gm ignition. But you have to set the tumblers your self or a lock smith to do it. I was albe to get a copy of the vin code for the key and I just can't get it the key code comes with 10 numbers and the cylinder only has 9 slots, so that been said I'll have to leave one out and trouble shoot to see which one works. IS THERE A FORM THAT LET'S YOU KNOW WHICH ONE YOU DON'T NEED OUT OF THE TEN. It's driving me crazy I've done just 4 different ways leave each end out and going back wards. Any information is helpful
Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
1,637 Posts
I think this is a dealer only thing due to theft purposes. I highly doubt you would find out any information withoit having the dealer do it. I could be wrong tho.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I got it figured out after I ran the vin to get key codes, which I was stuck with for a hour or two, so I took it to a local lock smith and comes to find out I was just a couple of numbers off. And I still got charged damn..... took the guy literally 5 mins,... thanks 07nnbs4x4 for chiming in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.