Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I primarily hang about the Blazer Forums as i own a '99 S10 Utility Body but recently i have become the primary maintainer of a 2007/2008MY (Dec.2007 Production) Silverado 1500 Single Cab/Long box, Manual Windows/seats/locks the way god intended, Base model of Base models. i believe its would be the called the newer body style instead of the Classic Colorado-esque one.

There was a ton of aftermarket gunk underneath the dashboard and stuffed up around the column, in that cluster-F was a 25 amp fuse on a circuit ran on 20AWG wire and the fuse was blown. Splices upon splices and even the splices had splices. one of the splices i guess they ran out of plastic splice connectors and just cut the insulation off and wrapped it around it...

about 4 relays and what appears to be an additional starter relay that interlocks the one in the Underhood fuse block. Truck runs and drives fine, but the corner lights stay on near full brightness and the headlight(only the drivers side works.. passenger side you have to do all kinds of smacking to get burnin) is also on, the truck also starts itself if you put the key in and wiggle it a bit or try turning it forward when it doesnt want to, somewhat rare though and it dies almost immediately afterwards. I checked over all the splices to make sure the wires were not broken or shorting out and they all tested fine with a DVOM.

As i come from S10s which are C/K Derived to these GMT-X fullsizes, this screams ignition switch or the dashboard lights/dimmer assembly, any clues?
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle Mode of transport

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
looking a bit more into it, it definitely needs an ignition switch, but possibly a BCM or a wiring harness repair as well given how all of the lights have a completed ground circuit, which should be open when off..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 7-socket BCM for a 2008? google yields no results.

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
632 Posts
I would suggest subscribing to the fsm for the truck at a site like alldatadiy.com Not that expensive and has the wiring diagrams, connector pinouts, ground locations, all the good stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would suggest subscribing to the fsm for the truck at a site like alldatadiy.com Not that expensive and has the wiring diagrams, connector pinouts, ground locations, all the good stuff.
pinpointed the issue
the fusebox is toasted, i have direct connection to battery positive from 3 legs on the headlamp relay and the fuses for all front end lighting with everything in the cab+BCM unplugged, and with fuses removed as well, given that the last driver of this truck before i took possession of it was by all accounts an idiot, the missing fusebox cover, etc im not surprised.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts