Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about switching out my reverse light bulb with a LED reverse light bulb. Has anyone done this, and if so would they recommend it?
Thanks,
Jaime

·
Registered
949 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1383248417.401488.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1383248433.630641.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1383248516.648849.jpg

I love the way the LEDs look, put them on my license plate also. They definitely helped with brightness backing up at night with my tinted windows.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
I put some cheap ones I found on amazon in mine after I got my led taillights. I love them. Almost all bulbs in and outside of my truck are LEDs now. Great mod. I love them.

Attachments

·
Registered
949 Posts
Glad I could help Stars, haha. I really like the clean look of LEDs. I also got mine from Amazon. They do very well. You must be from Louisiana with a name like ARoadRaginCajun? I'm from the Lafayette area

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes I am! I live in Thibodaux. Houma area I guess lol

·
Premium Member
6,959 Posts
They're in both my trucks... can't live without them!

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
Also have LEDs for reverse..and stop and turn signals as well. Tails are tinted, but reverse was left clear so it's pretty bright to look at. I got mine from superbrightleds, but could probably be found for less. I had a credit with them other stuff, so it only cost me $10 for both bulbs, er, modules..

Simple plug and play, much brighter too. I'm also looking into an auxillary system for more light when needed. White Knight has a real easy 7-pin hookup setup, but they still use halogen bulbs, only 110 watts total. I want more power than that, and preferably LEDs. Probably going to get a couple of lightbars for Christmas, hopefully..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone for you responses and help. I am definitely going to be getting these. Has anyone every ordered from HIdguy.net?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I did this and took it one step further. I wired the cargo light to come on in reverse. Check the DIY section on how to do it. but im using 2 different style bulbs the ones in the tail lights are a projector type of bulbs from retro solutions the lights i got for the cargo lights have more of a scattered pattern i got those from V-led...

Keep in mind you get what you pay for with these lights both bulbs i got are made really well i had cheaper leds and they weren't as bright and they burnt out

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not trying to toot my own horn here but toot toot my friend. I have upgraded all my lights in my truck to led, including the visor vanity lights. Only thing that is not led is the head lamps and that's because they don't make em bright enough. I bought led bulbs for my reverse lights and the back up camera has a hard time telling whether it is night or day. The ones to go with are a cree high powered that have leds all the way around and on the end has a magnified led. I then bought 4 more for the front turn signal. While illegal, they look great with the led fog lights and 6k hids. The only problem is they don't pull a lot of power so in the new silverados after 3 clicks of the turn signal they will blink fast. You can get a resistor kit to fix that. I ordered my HIDs, visor vanity lights, and tag lights from hidguy.net hes got some good stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have added more lights then whats in this pic but im waiting on more bulbs to come in but i added one of these to my hitch really brightens things but the stock halogen bulbs seem to put a lot of draw on the reverse lights even though all my lights are led so im changing the blubs in the hitch light to LEDS http://www.amazon.com/Bully-CR-607-Moun ... itch+light
photo.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.