Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Silverado and I can not get the driver side rear turn signal to work. All other bulbs, turn signals and lights work. Only the driver side rear is not working. It flashes very fast on the interior of the truck which is what alerted me to the problem. This is what i have done so far. 1) I have changed the bulb. 2) I have disconnected the wire harness from the junction box under the rear of the truck. No visible damage. 3) I removed and inspected the flasher module. It looked okay but I honestly don't know if you can tell if its broken by just looking at it. 4) A couple weeks ago I hooked it up to a trailer to see if the trailer turn signal worked and it worked fine. Also, as soon as I hooked it up to the trailer the turn signal (blinker) started working on the truck. It worked fine for a week or so and then stopped again. Don't know if it was just a coincidence that it started working after hooking it up to the trailer. Any suggestions on what to try next? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
I'd see if a test light flashes when you have the signal on and you touch it to the turn signal post in the rear junction box. It sounds like there is an open in the circuit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE: still not working

Still can't get the rear left turn signal to work. 1) I changed bulbs 2) I replaced wire harness from junction box to tail light assembly. 3) I replaced junction box under rear end. 4) I Replaced flasher module. 5) I've checked all other fuses.

Again, all other turn signals work, hazards work (except for left rear), brake lights work, back up lights work. Also, when hooked up to a trailer, all turn signals and lights work on the trailer.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jordan. I have very limited mechanical knowledge so I appreciate the feedback. Do you think there is any chance the problem could be in the turn signal switch?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.