Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everything I've seen so far is talking about extended cabs. Who has leveled their regular cab? I just got a '13 silverado regular cab short bed 4x4 and want it to sit level. I measured 37" from ground to fender in the front and 41 I think it was in the rear. I'm worried if I get a leveling kit installed it will still rake. Anybody with a similar set up with pics will be greatly appreciated. Oh and I'm looking to run 255/85/17 tires on stock wheels.

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
I have a 2010 RCSB levelled with a 2" Daystar (Top of the Strut) neoprene spacer and there are pictures in my Photo Album >>> there is 1/4" of (rake) difference still but you would have to measure to see it >>>

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
I wouldn't go anymore than 2 inches in the front, after that you induce severe angles on the ball joints, tie rod ends and cv's . You can remove the rear block to get it level or buy a real lift kit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just a data point. 2012 RCSB. Had slightly more than 3 inches rake stock. Partial level with Bils 5100 shocks on next to highest setting. As pictured it had right at 1.5 inches rake. I wanted enough rake that it would not be negative when towing my boat.

Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just get the RC 2 inch kit. Also make sure you're on level ground all around when you measure..I have an extended cab '12 Silverado and I have about 1/4" of rake left after the level. Like the guy above me said..if you tow or throw a heavy load in the bed you'll be squatting so a little rake is good.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Im going to lower mine 1" in the front and 2" in the back and none of you will even notice.

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was wondering if you guys with these short bed reg cab 4x4 seem to have an extreamly rough ride . I have a 2013 and have had mine into dealer about a harsh almost vibrating ride and was told its normal on this trucks. seem pretty shitty.. but I was driving an extended cab Duramax 10 years before this and I guess the extra weight gave it a much nicer ride.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What suspension package are you equipped with? Mine is a Z85 4x4 and it is super rough if I'm empty. Its a hard setup suspension and the short wheelbase makes it worse. But it will take a helluva load in the bed, takes a trailer really nice, and rides so smooth loaded down.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Z71 4x4 on mine. I did replace shocks with Bils 5100's. I think that did take a little of the jolt out of the small bumps, but it is not a smooth ride. I am curious what a tire change would accomplish; something M+S vs the AT tires. On the other hand it will really absorb large bumps with ease. We have a dirt lane back to a barn. Going too slow is a rough ride; add a little speed and the passenger won't spill his coffee.

It's a truck!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Another reason I bought my RCLB. Love the look of the RCSB, but extra 14" of wheelbase makes a load of difference, seems to me. Shocks make a big difference too. I like my tow package, because it keeps the truck level when I'm going around a corner a bit too fast, with heavier springs in front. The "comfort" suspension on 2 wheel drive trucks is much smoother... With a full load in the back, my truck rides level, and smoooth like a Cadillac. Welll, not quite, but you know what i mean

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 2012 regular cab short bed Z-71 with a trailering package. To my thinking he rake was severe. The headlights only lit about 20 feet in front of the truck because of the rake.

I tried installing a 2" rough country leveling kit. The truck looked better but there was still about an inch of rake. I removed the Rough Country kit because it raised the center of gravity for the truck and seemed to cause more body roll on the winding roads around where I live.

After removing the RC kit, I bought a set of lowering shackles and lowered the rear of the truck by two inches and still ended up with about an inch of rake but the angles on the front CV joints was back to stock.

I parked it in a relatively unused part of a super market parking lot and looked it from a distance and then as I walked up to it and decided that I did not like the one inch rake so I removed the blocks from the rear springs.

Removing the blocks got it to pretty close to level but the rake appeared a bit negative with the front of the truck a bit higher than the rear.

I did not like the appearance of negative rake and did not want the truck to squat if I put anything in the bed so put the spring blocks back in and installed a rear sway bar to tighten up cornering. The sway bar does nothing to change the height of the vehicle but it does drive better in turns.

I thought about having a machine shop plane about a half inch from the spring blocks but snapped my self out of it and moved on to working on the house.

I left it with the rear lowered by two inches via shackles with stock configuration in the front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Two inch leveling kit in front willl get it close to level but really kills the ride a lot more than it already is.I know its got towing setup not sure what package I,ve got but I'll say the most stiffest there is going by shitty ride this thing has( almost vibrating) , and tires don't change a thing as i have had three different sets now on my 2013 with 7500 miles striving for a better ride. Some said shocks ??? might give a better set of them a try and see if that might get rid of almost vibrating ride this thing has

·
Banned
283 Posts
I have read all the replies and have these 2€. My regular cab 4x4 rolls on 265 70R17 LT 8PLY ALL TERRAINS. I purchased the bilstein 5100 adjustables for all corners. The truck is almost level but most importantly it handles extremely well both off and on road. Not your cheapest level solution but by far the very best. You will not regret this decision. All Z71 of days past rolled with Bilstein shocks right out of the factory floor, it is one of the features that made the Z71 so sought after.
See picks in gallery

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
fz1rider said:
I have read all the replies and have these 2€. My regular cab 4x4 rolls on 265 70R17 LT 8PLY ALL TERRAINS. I purchased the bilstein 5100 adjustables for all corners. The truck is almost level but most importantly it handles extremely well both off and on road. Not your cheapest level solution but by far the very best. You will not regret this decision. All Z71 of days past rolled with Bilstein shocks right out of the factory floor, it is one of the features that made the Z71 so sought after.
See picks in gallery
Bilstein doesn't make adjustable 5100's for the rear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.