Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaning towards leveling the front of my 2012 Silverado 2500 4 X 4. I am going to install Daystar torsion keys so I can get some 275/65/20's under the front end (currently the tires are 265/60/20 Goodyear SRA). My question is, I tow a 30 foot travel trailer that loaded weighs about 8000 pounds. Will leveling the front affect the towing ability, specifically raising the front end up higher when the trailer is attached? I use a weight distribution hitch, so I assume I can adjust it more to keep the front end closer to the ground.
Also, will a 2 inch leveling kit allow me to get that size tire under the front without it rubbing somewhere?

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
It will let the rear of your truck squat further, and IMO affect front steering by taking weight off your front tires, but since yours is a 2500, I would start by just adjusting the WDH properly..or helper springs, air bags, or Timbren helpers could be used to counter squat as well. Those tires may rub a good bit requiring trimming as well and may affect your final drive ratio as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.