Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
The top ones are more work. I opted for the bottom mount rough country. Took 35 minutes. I put my truck on the lift, took the front tires off, took out the two 15mm bolts that go through the bottom of the shock. I stood on the upper ball joint and tie rod end and another tech shoved them in. We bolted them up and done! haha

From what i've seen, the top mounted ones, you have to remove the coilover, mount the top piece, cut the studs off, and then reinstall in the truck. If you order the rough country kit, you need to order the ones corresponding to your lower control arm material. Its either steel arms or aluminum. aluminum arms will be silver in color and the others will be black or rusty. lol

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
If your going for a 2.5" level it usually only comes top only or top & bottom spacer..but in the end the all do same thing ..level your truck..top is just more work like stated already.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The mechanic did mine with the Rough Country 2 inch on bottom in about 10 minutes!Put truck on lift,Jacked up on the frame,removed the strut bolts,pryed up struts and install spacers.Didn't even remove tires!

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
MH2508 said:
I just listed a brand new set of Billstien 5100 adjustables in the classifieds that you chose your height up to 2.5'' if you decide to go that way.
I am pretty sure the max lift with those is 1.75 inches unless they changed them in the last 2 years. I had them set at max lift and that is what I got on my 09.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.