Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read multiple posts about leveling the front of my truck (2013 silverado 1500 LT 4x4). Should I buy a leveling kit or crank up the torsions? Still getting familiar with everything. I dont plan on towing or loading up the bed to often so I'm not worried about the rear end looking saggy when loaded.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
You dont have torsion bars. They are only on the 2500s. Your only real option is to by a levelling kit, or buy new struts like the bilstein 5100s which can lift the front ~1.77".

·
Registered
114 Posts
R.C. is the way to go. Can be fairly easy to do with the help of a friend. Took me/friend less than 1 hr bit we didnt undo the sway bar which some places say to do. Alignment was off by just a hair but would have been fine for quite a while. Also if you take it to the right shop they'll do it all and that could save some $. Its more than worth it in the end,greats looks,more clearance and stiffens up the front end just a tick which is nice.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I'd recommend you measure the difference in height between the front and rear of your truck. Take measurements from the center of your wheels to the bottom of your fenders and subtract to get the difference. If you want your truck to sit perfectly level, you will need a levelling kit with that amount of lift. The rough country wont level every truck. Mine for instance, needed 2.5" to level it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So center of my front wheel to bottom of the fender was 21 3/4" and the rear was 24 1/8".

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My 2013..

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went ahead with the TGC spacers. Thank you everyone for the advice.

Next question: What is the bolt pattern for my truck? (Sorry Newbie ?)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet thanks.

Spacers arrived today, hopefully will have them on when I get off work. Thanks again everyone for the help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the spacers on last thursday. One hour install time? yaaaa didnt happen lol. took about an hour an half for the first one and about 45 mins for the second one. Def happy with them, I also took off the lower valance on the bumper. Will post pictures soon. Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
897 Posts
looking forward to the pics

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Slight rake still. But def a lot happier then before. Removed the front vailance as well

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All leveled out. I picked up some 18" pro comp wheels with Nitto Terra Grapplers A/T (275/65/18)', I'm very happy with how they turned out. Thanks for all your help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
Your new truck looks good, :cool:

you may want to look into getting some rear wheel housing liners, or some plastidip to make the area match front black wheel housings

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.