Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

License Plate lights not working

26K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JDuty 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Haven't posted here in a bit, but would greatly appreciate any input.
Getting my truck back as my DD, after 18 months of little use. Don't know why I've had such a myriad of electrical issues to sort out.

My 2004 Silverado 2500HD license plate lights are not coming on. I am updating the truck with LEDs inside and out, and that's how I noticed this issue. Additionally, My DRLs, and front park lights are not coming on either (though not as problematic as they're not needed to pass inspection here). I replaced the tag lights with some brand new LEDs and got nothing. Then tried replacing the LEDs with functioning bulbs I had removed elsewhere..still nothing. Next stop was the under hood fuse box. Pulled multiple fuses to check if any were blown, once again everything is good. I do not have an extra relay laying around otherwise I would have tried that.

My next stop tomorrow was for inspection, and then registration, but I guess that's on hold for now. I'm begging for help at this point.

Additional info:
-my rear park lights are functioning (197 bulb)
-my ambient light sensor is working correctly. Headlights come on in dark, stay off in light
-DRLs were checked with park brake off, and truck in gear, headlight switch set to "auto"
-When locking or unlocking truck, via remote, DRLs and park lights do not come on

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.