Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i just got a 2.5 lift kit the front of my sierra 2016. For the rear i put an extra blade to reinforce the suspension( lift 2.25 inch) really happy of the look, but the handling on the highway is bad!! Is it normal? When i go from right to left fast its like if the body is not attached to the frame... dont know how to explain it! I could get used to it, but would be a deception.
(Sorry for my english)
Could somebody help me?
Thanks!!

· Registered
77 Posts
I disagree with that "it's somewhat normal" statement . I had a 2.5 inch level on my 2015 and the change in handling was minimal if even noticeable. Your truck should not feel loose from a simple level. Does it track straight if you brake hard? If not that could be an indication that something is loose. I would get under it and make sure everything is tight.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,225 Posts
It is normal with any lift. Especially with just a level when you're stretching out for factory suspension geometry as well as raising the center of gravity. I noticed a big difference on both my trucks with 2-2.5in kits in body roll with quick steering wheel inputs.

Which can be resolved with a rear sway bar.

But just as a precaution go over all your suspension bolts and make sure they are tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,109 Posts
My truck rocks back and forth pretty easy. It tracks straight and has a good center feel, but the center of gravity is higher and it was noticeable after install of my 2.5 level. All other aspects of feel stayed the same IMO. Now I have a Topper on top of my level and I am thinking about a sway bar. These trucks stock shocks are less than stellar. I want Mikes Pot hole eaters lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.