Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at lifting my 2013 Silverado crew cab. I think I have settled on the 5" RC lift kit, unless someone else can convince me why this is not the best idea.

My problems:

1) My truck came with 3.08 gears and I hate them and I know lifting and putting larger tires on my truck is going to make my hatred for the gearing even worse. Is there anyone in the southeast Ohio or northern WV area that knows of a place who will replace the gears. The dealership will do it but will only go to 3.42's which I don't think will be enough. I want to go at least 3.73's or even 4.10's.

2) I have read that some people have bought the 5" RC lift and also bought Bilstein 5100 shocks to go with it instead of using the ones that come with the kit. Is this advisable or is it just a preference. I have not ridden in a vehicle with a RC lift or Bilstein shocks so I do not know the quality of any of these items.

Sorry for making a new topic about this because I know there are other topics that are similar but I searched the site and couldn't find one similar enough to get the answers I need. Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
What size tire are you planning on going to, once you get the lift? You will more than likely you'll need to do gears though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just installed the RC 5". I love it. I'm running 275/70 r18. So 33's. I also have 3.42 gears. Wouldn't even think of it with anything lower numerically.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.