Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the forums

I have been to the local park & swap here in the Phoenix area a few times and they have Chevy rims with bead lockers with tires (i've seen a set up with 30 inch tires) for around $600 for everything...

Wondering if i were to get this rim / tire combo would it fit at least temporarily on a stock 4.3 2001 ? or would i need to get a lift first?

I've also seen lifts for my truck on CL from time to time for about $300....dont know make / model of lift but i think it was a 3 inch...

Any suggestions or links would be helpful thank you...

·
Registered
144 Posts
The factory tires are a little over 31"; so 30" will definitely fit and might look small.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might be off with my measurements, i didn't snap a pic of them ...
i would have bought them but verizon bill was $600 at this time and i had the $$ burning a hole in my pocket hahaha

I'm 6'4 and the rims / tires for $600 were up to my waist.....ya

·
Registered
144 Posts
Definitely not 30" if they were up to your waist then. Get a lift first, other wise the tires won't fit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm have never lifted or dropped a truck before, what kind of lift would i be looking for? key / 3 inch level kit / spindle only? i'm not really gonna be going off road that much it's 2wd for crying out loud, i'm just going for the look of it. I'm on desert rat.com and have no idea what i'm hunting for...

Thank you guys, it's really appreciated

·
Registered
144 Posts
You could do a level kit, which means new torsion keys and blocks in the rear. That'll get you 2" or so and should let you clear 33" tires. Or if you want bigger, you can do a 3" body lift. That lifts the body off the frame with spacers. You won't gain ground clearance, just body height and tire clearance. I've seen guys squeeze 35" tires with a 3" body.

·
Registered
115 Posts
1st off, if you plan on havin your new rims being the same as your current ones. You can do what I did. I bought my lift and tires at the same time and then found new wheels later. I didn't want to be the guy that put the lift on but looked like I "skipped tire day" but I also didn't want to have the oversized tires rub.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.