Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well back a couple years ago i bought a 2007.5 Silverado with a 5.3L V8 4x4 W/T crew cab (work truck being it has rubber floors and hand crank windows) i have since turned it into what i want it to be with a few more mods coming in the near future!
Here she is the day i brought her home from the dealership

here she is after a 1.5" leveling kit and my own first good wash!

the leveling kit just wasnt enough and before i knew alot of how these suspension worked i bought another 2" leveling kit and stacked them one on top one on bottom but i liked the results

here are the angles

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I learned by some of the fellas on this forum about how the suspenions works and i couldnt grasp it at first. but i took there advice and i changed it out for a 3.5" Ebay kit and i am very happy with the purchase! Still running the kit with stock UCA's and no problems as of yet!

that is the lift and here are the angles after installing them!

got a few things for christmas that year as well just one pic got bed rail caps and the rear window tint

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
soon after that my radio quit accepting CD's so i put in a new head unit

My tires were about bald and i didnt like the rims i had so i meet a guy on here that wanted to trade rims and tires so i went from a 285/65R18 with a +30 offset to a set of stock wheels with a 305/65R18 and man i love those stock Z wheels here is our little meet up and swap

I sold the stock Z wheels and bought MB motorning V-drive rims with a 00 offset an 18x9

this one here shows the offset

then i got rid of the stock mirrors for some tow mirrors and i love it!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i have this waiting to be put on a 1.25" RC body lift
and my neighbor is a tires dealer and is hooking me up with a set of 295/70R18's Nitto Trail Grapplers! cant wait to get it with those on her she is gonna be stout!
For christmas from the wife is getting me getting RC Upper COntrol arms, bilstein 5100 Adjustables and a 12" deep 12" high low profile tool box for the bed so i can add another 6x9 speaker under the back seat. and not have a box i made under the seat anymore! i am not a tool box fan but i think im gonna go with a low pro black one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks good!
Your angles look SO much better with the new lift.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks fellas neighbor should be bringing my tires over today or tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update with the body lift....i started at around 2:00 and stopped around 6 to clean up n stuff...i did just the cab i couldnt get the bumper to line up right so im gonna have my neighbor help when he gets outta the woods...gonna do the bed tomorrow sometimes

before

after

before

after

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

meats are in getting put on tomorrow will update then

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

sneak peak...295/70r18 didnt require any more trimming then it had from the 305's

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am seriously considering purchasing this eBay lift kit. Hows the ride? Is 4wd affected at all? I just want to make sure I don't open a can of worms buying this instead of the RC 3.5 kit with UCAs and dif drop.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i love it, its only like 1/2" different on the Upper control arms but im still running stock ones. im gonna get rough country ones for my next project. only for routine maintenance of a 7 year old vehicle. But yes the kit is well worth the 100 dollars it costs! compared to the RC kit it is totally worth it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.