Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
It would be awesome IMO. BUT first this is cost. My buddy did it to his 05 2500 HD diesel and it cost him over 5000$ (canadian). Then you have to think about the added weight this adds to the truck. No sure how much weight it would add but still thats extra strain on the driver line and the shocks. So these parts will wear faster then usual meaning more part replacement over time.
But its your decision. if you do it take pictures.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on line-x website they said it will add about 75 pounds, and if I could keep it around 5000 (U.S) I'd be happy with it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It looks so cool in that pic because it is spotless. It looks terrible on real trucks just because it is impossible to keep clean.

Guy across the street has his f350 done it its pretty ugly. The linex fades after a while and any chips or dents or anything really stand out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just been wondering, would be a lot nicer on my truck because it's always offroad and being used for work and it's starting to get some bad paint chips, and it's a 2015.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That looks awesome. Are you planning on keeping your truck forever? If not, I wouldn't bother with getting the whole truck done. It'll hurt your resale value and may end up fading like others have said. I'd suggest something that can be removed if you're really set on changing the look. Vinyl wrap, plastidip, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah most likely keep it, not a person that likes to sell my trucks hahaha. also been looking at getting it wrapped, plastidip peals way to easy when driving down gravle roads. I am just wanting to see if anyone on here has actully done this to their vehicle yet, cool idea but would suck if it dose fade.

·
Registered
857 Posts
As long as you go with true line-x with uv protectant you'll be happy with it for a few years. If you use a knock off brand or anything from Autozone, it'll fade and look chalky after 6 months.

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
Go for it, its the best protection you can do to your truck to prevent rusting. Like posted above make sure you get the Line X brand itself with UV protection so it doesn't fade.

·
Registered
318 Posts
kdh said:
As long as you go with true line-x with uv protectant you'll be happy with it for a few years. If you use a knock off brand or anything from Autozone, it'll fade and look chalky after 6 months.
I have the true Line X in my bed and over the rails. My tonneau cover covers about 1/2 of the top of the bed rails and after 4 years the fading is minimal. It has held up really well. I will never go back to a a plastic bed liner.

For a work or off-road truck that isn't in the rust belt sure; depending on cost. For a truck here in New England nope. It will still rust from the inside out and it will complicate any repairs.

JMO,

Bob

·
Registered
2014 Silverado 5.3
881 Posts

I have my rocker panels and bed done with the premium lineX and love it. It's been on there almost 4yrs and looks just as good the day I got it. It's very easy to keep clean also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm LOVING my LineX bedliner as well......only thing is with the increased thickness, the cheap GM plastic hole covers don't stay in place very well. Any easy solutions? I think I have enough tie-down points (added 2 bullnose to the bulkhead) but guess I could add some more. :)

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
As best I recall the line X type products were developed to spray on trucks that ran in the mines to extend their body life. Granted they don't care much about appearance down their, but it is very effective.

·
Registered
857 Posts
06Sam said:
It looks so cool in that pic because it is spotless. It looks terrible on real trucks just because it is impossible to keep clean.

Guy across the street has his f350 done it its pretty ugly. The linex fades after a while and any chips or dents or anything really stand out.
It faded because it didn't have the UV version of it sprayed, or its not linex. Ive had mine in the bed of my truck for 3 years in the texas sun. Still not faded.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts