Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am dealing with a P2463 code for "DPF Soot Accumulation" on a 2008 LMM Duramax.

Friday - 200 KM round trip pulling an ATV and SXS. No issues.

Saturday morning - 140 KM / 90 mi round trip (highway driving and pulling 4,000 lbs) - "Clean Exhaust Filter now" pops up in the DIC. I continue driving to my destination.

Saturday evening - returning back home, another 140 KM/ mi trip, message remains in the DIC. My anticipation was that the highway driving would have put the truck into Regen and all would be cleared up.

Sunday morning - same trip, same cargo.

Sunday evening - loading up and about to get on the highway, P2457 code pops up. I clear it with my scanner as I figured this last stretch home should definitely do the trick cleaning out the DPF. I stop for fuel after getting off at the exit near my home. Turn the truck back on, CEL is on with a P2463 code - "DPF Soot Accumulation".

Any suggestions where I should go from here? The truck is mainly used in the city for short drives, so I could understand soot accumulation. However, it gets a workout in almost every weekend for at least a day or two pulling ATVs (3,000/4,000 lbs) for a 200 - 300 km highway round trip. So I can't understand what's happening with the Regen process?

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
found this while trying to help. Not sure if the soot code has anything to do with the 2457 code.. but the EGR was the culprit on this thread Code P2457

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,610 Posts
How many miles does the truck have on it, or kilometers in your case maybe?

A failing egr valve could cause it, but a packed up dpf could as well.

On the pickups, the dpf has a service life since there really isn't a easy way to clean them. On the commercial trucks and equipment, the dpf comes off and you can bake them and pneumatically clean them to extend their life.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
19trax95 said:
How many miles does the truck have on it, or kilometers in your case maybe?

A failing egr valve could cause it, but a packed up dpf could as well.

On the pickups, the dpf has a service life since there really isn't a easy way to clean them. On the commercial trucks and equipment, the dpf comes off and you can bake them and pneumatically clean them to extend their life.
Thanks for the response. The truck has 195,000 KM / 120,000 Miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts