Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just joined because I'm in the market for a half ton crew cab pick up. I'm looking at a 1500 Sierra. It has 167k miles on it. The steering feels pretty loose and it needs an alignment. I'm wondering what could cause the steering to feel loose? Could it be worn out bushings or something more serious?

Here is what I'm looking at. I'd like your overall thoughts on the truck as well.

http://www.fastlanemotorsales.com/2005- ... tails.aspx

· Registered
2,304 Posts
I think the price is a little high for 05 with 167k on it.
Tie rod ends will cause a loose steering. Your probably looking at needing the front end rebuilt with ball joints tie rods etc
and then an alignment when your done. Go for a test drive to a service center and get a free estimate.

· Registered
31 Posts
I over paid on mine. 15999 for my 2005 SLT 4WD last March but it only had 87,200 miles on it and it had 4.10 gears I wanted for towing the camper.
However, I would have went with something newer if I had it to do over.
Keep looking if I were you for less mileage truck.

· Registered
382 Posts
About 2 years ago, I only dropped $9500 on my '04 extended cab with all the same features (minus the newer head unit) and with less miles, but with a bow tie instead of GMC. '04 Chevy LT Z71, leather seats, center console, 108K miles. I was afraid I may have overpaid for it back then, but if the prices are really that high right now I could probably make some money off this thing!

I definitely think that price is too high...nice looking truck, just too much money for it. If you have the time to look around a little bit more, you'll find a better deal for sure. I think you would regret getting the short bed too.

· Registered
312 Posts
Personally I would never pay that price, especially if it's going to need front end work and if it's over 150,xxx, keep looking the deals are out there!

· Registered
1,081 Posts
dang. i need to come sell my truck down there.

nah man. for a 04-06 silverado, you should be able to get a 4WD ext cab, or four door with under 140k miles for around 10-13k easy.

Heck, i have a 04 2500HD ext cab 4WD 4.10 with 89k miles, i would think i should get about 15k out of it. private selling of course.

you may want to deal with a private seller. those dealers are dumb high

· Registered
312 Posts
have you checked your local craigslist? Sure theres a bunch of junk and hack jobs but there are also some hidden treasures....I see a lot of 4wd 03-06 silverados for under 10K with around 120,xxx. Unless your dead set on having a warranty, but there is always a deal out there.

· Registered
220 Posts
AmericanZ71 said:
have you checked your local craigslist? Sure theres a bunch of junk and hack jobs but there are also some hidden treasures....I see a lot of 4wd 03-06 silverados for under 10K with around 120,xxx. Unless your dead set on having a warranty, but there is always a deal out there.
+1

My last 2 trucks have come from local people/CL. Fair prices without the dealer mark up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.