Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am currently looking to buy a Sierra 1500 2009 extended cab, long bed.
It has the Z71 package and the 5.3L. As far as i know, it have the 4 speed transmission.

I just want to know what i should look before buying it.
And, how does a long bed truck likethis one looks like lifted ( around 2-4inch).

Thanks !

· Registered
2,304 Posts
The price is right. Better than average.You don't say if it's a WT LS or LT LTZ. For a LT it's a great price. For a WT it's more than fair. At least here in Arkansas. They run around $17000 for a good LT. I have an 09 extended cab with 94000 miles and love it. I like the 4 speed transmission. It doesn't hunt for gears like some of the 6 speeds I have read about. It has 373 gears and runs through the Ozark mountains with out any problems.

The 5.3L has AFM and the first thing I did was disable it to help prevent any issues. AFM can be a problem for some of these engines. Disabling seems to be the answer.

Just do your diligence and check it out thoroughly. Check all the fluids and get an idea of how well it was maintained. Check the tranny fluid, it should be pink and smell sweet if was ever changed. If not it will be brown and smell burnt. Ask if it was used for towing. It's coming up on the 100k maintenance so be prepared to change out all the fluids and replace spark plugs and etc..

If it's in good shape jump on it. It is a good price in my opinion.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how to check if it is a LT or LTZ, etc... But, the truck have power window, electric door lock and electric seat. I will check all fluid and as you say, it will say a lot about the maintenance done to the truck.

· Registered
312 Posts
That seems like a fair price for up here in NH! Just look everything over, but at 91,xxx that trucks still a baby! and it might be a LS, mine has those same options and is a ls. LTZ you could tell :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.