Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 2006 Crew Cab 2500HD LS Duramax for sale in my area. Looks pretty clean, waiting for CarFax report from dealer. Leather interior looks really good. Very low mile, about 72K.

What should I look for? Concerns? Looks like it has an aftermarket airfilter setup in it. I'm hoping to go see this tonight.

Thanks for your help!
Bob

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another question also...would you go from an 2013 1500 to an 2006 2500HD? Is the switch worth it?

Thanks
Bob

· Registered
69 Posts
Check or any kinds of molestation. Check for any signs of programers, exhaust, airbags, fifth wheel wholes. When I bought mine I checked over everything to make sure it looked pretty much stock. It had a few things done but was pretty much untouched. I wanted to fix it up how I wanted it. I went from a 2007.5 1500 Sierra sle to a 2007.5 2500 Silverado ltz. I didn't want to go older because I like the newer styling. You should have the 6-speed trans in it. You will have to check the vin to see if it has the LBZ or LLY in that year. Pretty much the same engine in 2006 but has different programming. I would have the injector balance rates tested, check all of your fluids and check for leaks.

It is completely up to you if it is worth it. If you don't mind the styling difference and if you will use the diesel then it is worth it. I got mine because I love diesels, I'm a diesel mechanic so the extra expense that people claim doesn't really effect me. Some parts are more money but just take care of it and it will last you a long time. I also use it to tow my toy hauler and there is no comparisons when it come to towing. If you chose the diesel you wont be sorry. You won't ever want more truck I can tell you that, plus a small tune does wonders on these.

· Registered
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB
3,092 Posts
If its an LBZ engine you are looking at one of the best for Duramax. If it is worth the switch, depends on if you really need a diesel and what you will use it for. The in-cab creature comforts and dash/interior will probably be a step down from your 2013 but again that is up to you if you can live without the newer amenities.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Just because youre switching back in years, doesnt justify the comment of "is it worth it" .... its not like its a bad thing to go back.
Unless youre materialistic on your assets in what they physically look like...

beyond that, MANY prefer the NBS pre 07 over the 07.5+ ...

If you dont mind, what kind of price are they trying to get? IMO, for that truck you should be looking at about $25k-30k. Any less or more...id be questioning some things.

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. After talking with the misses, I think I'm going to pass. They want $31k for it and she'd rather I not go after a 10 year old truck, but rather something a little newer. The dealer told me its a 2 owner truck that was mainly used for hauling horse trailers.

Thanks
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.