Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

As the title says, I am just looking for some ideas for black wheels and what tires look good with them. I know I dont want any wheels larger than 18 and the tires no larger than 35/36

Thanks

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,659 Posts
For tires, I love how my BFG KO2's look, feel, drive,grip, etc.. But I am a BFG fan admittedly. Nitto makes a nice looking tire as well. But the performance should be the deciding factor before you buy, not just what it looks like.

I prefer a 17" wheel, but 18" isn't too bad. And if you want near 35/36" tires, do you have any lift or plans to lift? Because you'll need it for 35's and up.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts

Hankook Dynapro ATM LT285/70/17
Procomp series 39 17x9

· Registered
1,599 Posts
When you put those Hankooks on did you notice a decrease in MPG's and/or a decrease in power/acceleration? I'm thinking about moving up from my current 265's to the 285's but I don't want to take a hit in performance.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
No change in MPG, they do grip really well though. They have about 15k left on them now and they're still nice and sticky even when wet.
I get about 17-19 mpg highway now.
My city, thats a different story haha....lead foot

· Registered
1,599 Posts
judsonlimited said:
No change in MPG, they do grip really well though. They have about 15k left on them now and they're still nice and sticky even when wet.
Cool. I'm gonna get some Pathfinder AT's in that size from Discount tire next week. They are rebranded Hankook Dynapro's made exclusively for Discount tire. Good price and a great looking tire. I'm excited.

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,240 Posts
I never noticed a difference going from 265 to 285 either.

Attachments

· Registered
7 Posts
These are 20 on 33'' Hankook Dynapro ATM but I believe they come in 18" I have always Liked the Goodyear Duratrac for an aggressive looking tire. They perform awesome in Snow (my tires do too, but aren't quite as aggressive looking.) If you don't have snow in your area a Mud Terrain tire is your best bet for an aggressive tire.

Attachments

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
Tatsngats said:
judsonlimited said:
Cool. I'm gonna get some Pathfinder AT's in that size from Discount tire next week. They are rebranded Hankook Dynapro's made exclusively for Discount tire. Good price and a great looking tire. I'm excited.
Hankooks are cheaper....they are $150 a piece here right now. I see the pathfinders at $165.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
Call them, they can order them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.