Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a concern and a question. A few months ago I had some work done on my front end. After installing my new parts I had the GM dealer mechanics do an alignment. Since then the steering felt different. After putting on about 2000 kms I started to notice an audible clunk as well as a loud snapping noise coming from the drivers side front wheel area especially when cranking the wheel hard left and applying the brakes. Anyway, a bit of my own poking around I noticed the upper control arm bolts on the driver side were completely loose. I've contacted the dealer who did the work and he agreed to re-align a basic do-over. Should I be concerned over any damage such as bushings etc?

Thanks in advance for any info you might have for me.

Cheers!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good call on calling the dealer back. The only thing it could have the possibility to damage is the pin that sticks up inside that "track" on the cams where the bolt goes through. But if the vehicle is still driveable, its not broken. So no worries there. They'll make it right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.