Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Silverado with 1000 miles on it. Was running great until I stood on the gas at a green light (only got the rpm's up to about 4200). There has been a noticeable loss of power across the board ever since. The truck used to set you back in the seat a little bit when punching the accelerator - now not even close.

Going up hills is a struggle - I can hear the engine bog down when pressing accelerator to maintain speed - eventually the rpm's jump up once the accelerator is pressed far enough.

Same when accelerating through a turn - let of the gas going into the turn, nothing but weak throttle response when accelerating through the turn.

I've had it in to the dealer three times and every time they tell me a technician drove it and could not find a problem. They won't put much effort in since it isn't throwing any codes - but having put the first 1000 miles on it, I can tell there's a problem.

What can cause an issue like this and not throw any codes?

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
I would take it back to the dealer, maybe a different dealer, and ask to ride along on the test drive.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Could just be your tranny learning and adapting. It's why a large number of people install tuners on these trucks. The laggy throttle response and tranny shifts from the factory are appalling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. During the lags, there is a noticeable louder tapping. I'm wondering if there is an exhaust leak but you would think a leak causing a noticeable power loss would throw a code, right?

· Registered
140 Posts
AdkLooch said:
I have a 2016 Silverado with 1000 miles on it. Was running great until I stood on the gas at a green light (only got the rpm's up to about 4200). There has been a noticeable loss of power across the board ever since. The truck used to set you back in the seat a little bit when punching the accelerator - now not even close.

Going up hills is a struggle - I can hear the engine bog down when pressing accelerator to maintain speed - eventually the rpm's jump up once the accelerator is pressed far enough.

Same when accelerating through a turn - let of the gas going into the turn, nothing but weak throttle response when accelerating through the turn.

I've had it in to the dealer three times and every time they tell me a technician drove it and could not find a problem. They won't put much effort in since it isn't throwing any codes - but having put the first 1000 miles on it, I can tell there's a problem.

What can cause an issue like this and not throw any codes?
it can go into limp mode if the rpm's are too high .but i don't think 4200 is enough .
i had the same prob. with mine , couldn't even get it off thr lot . has something to do with the 4-8 trying to change over .go to your instant milage and it will show when it goes into 4 or 8 . you can also put it into manual and shift thru the gears it should only run on 8 cil. but other than that i'm still having prob's with mine...........good luck

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GR2017 said:
AdkLooch said:
Thanks for the response. During the lags, there is a noticeable louder tapping.....
You saying that at times it seems fine? When in a lag period, how many cylinders are active (from the dash indicator)?
I always drive in M5 unless on the highway so always running with 8. Weaker than when first bought through the whole power band and really noticeable during the conditions mentioned.

· Registered
2,304 Posts
One thing I have been learning is that some code readers read way deeper than others. I'm assuming a tech ii in the right hands could track it down but how do find that person. The dealers all have them but how many techs really know how to operate them at the full potential. Some cant even program a factory radio to work properly.

· Registered
49 Posts
AdkLooch said:
2Baja said:
I'm having the exact symptoms it turned out to be a bent pushrod
That's interesting. No codes?
Not at first had some ticking and lost some power at low speed at highway speed it was fine, I thought it was the Diablo tune checked for codes there was none. Then a few days later the ticking got louder checked again and there was a PO304 misfire on 4 and a PO324 knock sensor system cleared the codes and they didn't come back. Replaced the knock sensors still ran like crap took it to the dealer and they found this.i guess the knock sensor picked up the lifter noise I don't know. at least its on warranty
IMG_5955.JPG

Attachments

· Registered
49 Posts
Ya why would they I also have a lifted jeep never had an issue from Canadian or Mexican dealers it seems the American dealers go out of there way to void the warranty doesn't seem fare. Maybe cause they don't get paid as much :cool:

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Because people have a stuck up their *** saying Diablo instantly voids your warranty yet no one has come forward stating they personally had it happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.