Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Silverado RWD WT 111k miles on it. I can hear a loud clunk (the whole trucks shakes, it is really loud) when jumping on gas from full stop. It does not happen when I am easy with the gas. I suspect the sound comes from the driver side. Any idea?

· Registered
861 Posts
Usually if you have a slip yoke. not saying you do. there is a carrier bearing that holds the two shafts in place. That can cause these noises and clunks. grab the shaft and try and move it around. shouldn't be able to.

· Registered
169 Posts
moilaset said:
I have a 2008 Silverado RWD WT 111k miles on it. I can hear a loud clunk (the whole trucks shakes, it is really loud) when jumping on gas from full stop. It does not happen when I am easy with the gas. I suspect the sound comes from the driver side. Any idea?
Does it sound like it's coming from the drivers side front or rear of the truck?

-John

· Registered
6 Posts
I just went through this. For me it was a trans mount cross bar that needed to be re-torqued at the frame rails. Just enough play in it to slide around when under a decent torque load. Like when goin from fwd to rev and gassing it. Or accelerating up a hill from a stop.

· Registered
57 Posts
moilaset said:
It was a bad driver side motor mount; I replaced it last weekend and the cluck is gone!
How tough of a job was this? I'm about to tackle it this weekend. Any big "gotchas" that I need to know about (special tools, parts, tips/tricks)?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quite hard but doable ; U need a long socket extension, ramp, big shop jack in order to lift the engine up a bit, good penetration oil etc. There is good videos on utube. Good luck and be careful.

--U Tube Certified Mechanic :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.