Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove a 2014 Sierra standard cab with the 6'6" bed and the V6 yesterday and am very impressed. I am going to be getting a new truck in the spring and have always bought Silverado's, but thought the Sierra looked better this model year. My last truck was a 2012 Silverado standard cab 4x4 with the 6'6" bed and the 4.8 motor. I wanted to see how the V6 was with the new motor and am very impressed, it will really get up an go, easily faster than the 4.8 I had. Not sure if it is all the new motor or a combination with the 6 speed transmission but I was really impressed.

I will be getting a standard cab, 6'6" bed, 2 wheel drive, V6 and locking differential. My last four trucks have all been 4 wheel drive but I only use it a couple days out of the year so this one will be a 2 wheel drive.

Now just waiting for spring and the rebates.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great looking truck you have there!

In my old age I am just looking for something to drive to the grocery and the doctor. When it comes time to buy if the 5.3 is all that is available in the trucks I have to choose from I will get that but the new V6 would easily take care if me. Glad to see they upgraded it.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Mildot,

Hello! I understand that in the near future you will be looking to buy a new vehicle. When that time comes, GM Customer Care will be more than happy to assist. We can locate a dealership in your area, locate a vehicle, or set up test drive.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.