Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 NNBS 5.3L Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering a M/T tire for my truck. I've looked at Nitto Goodyear Firestone Bridgestone BF Goodrich Dick Cepeck Mickey Thompson Fierce Kanati Guard Dog and more. I want something that will last me well on the road but will take me anywhere I wanna go. Are there any others? I'm not considering Toyos because every truck I've seen with them was stuck. Please educate me with your knowledge.

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
I have a set of B F Goodrich M/T's on my 2005. They seem to be wearing well. My G/F's son uses this truck and he is in college on the other side of the state. It's about a 6 hour drive one way. They have worn some, but they seem to wear really good for a mud tire that really never gets off the road anymore.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I have Cooper STT's and I really like them. I only have about 4500 miles on them so far though. My dad ran BfGoodrich m/t's on his work truck and got around 40k outta them with only ever rotating them once.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've had the Fierce and Mickys. The Fierce were cheap. Only had them for 15k or so then taded the truck. I could tell they weren't gonna last very long. But that's not why I traded the truck! lol The Mickeys on the other hand were quieter and ran better through the mud. Rode nicer on gravel as well. Both 3/4 ton trucks. I worked in a Firestone shop and have put on the Destination mts on a few trucks. What I got for feedback was they work awesome off road, really awesome. But they come up short in the snow and ice and they start to make some noise on the highway. At the time I bought the Mickys the Destinations were the same price so it was a no brainer for me. If I get another set of mts, Mickys will be on my truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.