Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Vendor
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Vendor
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I recall those were made to GM/Chevy specs, RS9000XL or our RS7000MT is where it is at.
I like the adjustability of the 900's personally.

:D

ferraiolo1 said:
Very cool! Sadly the ranchos that were made for the Z71 package have given the rest of your shocks a bad rep.
 

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
Joined
·
10,063 Posts
I just want a 6" lift kit for my truck that relocates the stupid torsion bars and doesn't cost $2000...lol

But seriously, I had the 5000's, no issues really. I have the 7000's up front now and they have been fine, on a hard cranked-level truck, so I could have airbags and it would ride like crap..lol
 

· Vendor
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you, we offer a mail-in rebate in the spring where we offer a pretty nice chunk back on our higher cost systems. Usually runs from March to the end of June.

ricka182 said:
I just want a 6" lift kit for my truck that relocates the stupid torsion bars and doesn't cost $2000...lol

But seriously, I had the 5000's, no issues really. I have the 7000's up front now and they have been fine, on a hard cranked-level truck, so I could have airbags and it would ride like crap..lol
 

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
Joined
·
10,063 Posts
I got the rebate when I got my first set of 5000's, was actually the deciding factor.. so good business for us is good business for you guys as well. Always good to have an American company making good American products.. And my truck is 2006, so only a 4" lift and I can't see if the torsion bars are moved out of the way.. But still looks like a good kit and for less than other well known brands.
 

· Vendor
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice!!!
We call our systems a 4" or a 6" but in reality they are usually an 1" or 2 taller.
:lol:

ricka182 said:
I got the rebate when I got my first set of 5000's, was actually the deciding factor.. so good business for us is good business for you guys as well. Always good to have an American company making good American products.. And my truck is 2006, so only a 4" lift and I can't see if the torsion bars are moved out of the way.. But still looks like a good kit and for less than other well known brands.
 

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
Joined
·
10,063 Posts
I've heard your systems are a little more than advertised on height.. Sort of figured if you say 35's on a 4" lift..lol Would they fit on a strict 4" lift? Probably.. Could you turn the wheels? Not much..lol
 

· Vendor
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where is the "like" button?!?!!
:mrgreen:

ricka182 said:
I've heard your systems are a little more than advertised on height.. Sort of figured if you say 35's on a 4" lift..lol Would they fit on a strict 4" lift? Probably.. Could you turn the wheels? Not much..lol
 

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
Joined
·
16,428 Posts
Welcome Rancho: Which of your products do you recommend for a stock suspension 2013 Silverado 1500? Very little off road driving and some towing but nothing huge. So something that is geared toward on-road handling and comfort.
 

· Vendor
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2013 stock occasional towing.
I really like the adjustable RS9000XL shock. The adjustablilty is really nice. A lower setting is soft and a higher setting is similar to a monotube style shock so firmer.
For the rear.
http://www.gorancho.com/products/shock- ... 99198.html
For the front.
http://www.gorancho.com/products/shock- ... 99784.html

Thanks!!

esox07 said:
Welcome Rancho: Which of your products do you recommend for a stock suspension 2013 Silverado 1500? Very little off road driving and some towing but nothing huge. So something that is geared toward on-road handling and comfort.
 

· Registered
20 GMC AT4, 5.3L, 10-speed
Joined
·
524 Posts
The adjustability of the RS9000XL's is nice, but they struggle in northern Ohio with all of the road salt and corrosive road de-icers. My adjusters seized after just 2 winters when I installed these shocks on a previous vehicle.
 

· Vendor
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A couple thoughts to help out.
I always try and move the knob once a quarter. I know it isn't fun in the winter, that is for sure.
The knobs can be replaced too if they seize up. Call our Tech line on that 734-384-7804.

loud_pipes said:
The adjustability of the RS9000XL's is nice, but they struggle in northern Ohio with all of the road salt and corrosive road de-icers. My adjusters seized after just 2 winters when I installed these shocks on a previous vehicle.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top