RedSLEd· Administrator, How-To Author, 🏅TOTM
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
‘SilveradoSierra of the Month’ for February 2023!
Post your best pictures, get the most votes, and earn honors as ‘SilveradoSierra of the Month’!
This month’s theme…
Let’s see your LONG BED... RC, EC, or CC… long bed trucks only this month.
Let’s see some great (NEW!) pics!
Submissions will close March 27th. Voting will be from the 27th to 31st.
Competition Rules… please read the rules as they may have changed.
- You are limited to one entry with two photos per member, per month. Once you submit your entry, no substitutions, revisions or additions will be permitted.
- The winner will not be allowed to enter the final voting for another SSotM competition for three (3) months (you can play along and showcase your truck but will not be allowed to win again for three months).
- Minor image corrections to compensate for camera variations are permissible but any photos that have evidence of excessive re-touching, lighting effects, color saturation, or Photoshop work could be deleted. Repeat offenders may be banned from entering the competition. Cropping is allowed.
- Entries are allowed during the first three (3) weeks of every month. After that, the trucks entered will be placed into a poll for the final voting to determine that month’s winner. The poll will be open until the end of the month then the winner will be determined. (All dates are tentative as we are all volunteers here and have jobs, families, and other responsibilities, too, and sometimes things don’t always go as planned.)
- You may include a comment in your entry. Please do not comment on other members’ entries. If there is some issue with an entry, please feel free to PM any Moderator about it or make a Report. Extraneous comments will be deleted.
- If the Moderating team feels there is any indication of manipulating the results of the poll to determine the monthly winner, any participants suspected of bamboozling the results could be banned from the website for 30 days and barred from participating in SSOTM for the current month + the next 12 months.
- We want to see NEW pics for each entry. Entries consisting of previously entered pics could be deleted.
- Staff Members will choose the ‘SilveradoSierra of the Month’ theme each month. We are always open to, and encourage, suggestions. WE NEED SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE!!
- Moderators reserve the right to delete entries wherein the pics do not comply with that month’s stated theme.
- In the event of a tie vote, we will have a run-off to determine the winner.
It would be in your best interest to upload photos directly into your post or upload your pics to your personal member gallery as opposed to linking from imgur, Photobucket or your Facebook page, etc., as many of our members use a work computer that may limit websites they can view. This becomes very important when our members are voting.
A few tips:
- Enter two pictures. Take full advantage of the competition rules. Different angles are great.
- When taking your pictures, take multiple pictures of each angle. You may find some shots came out better than others. Post the best two shots.
- Feature your whole truck, bumper to bumper. Regardless of the theme, the idea is to feature your Silverado or Sierra.
- Keep true to the theme. If necessary, explain the reasoning why you feel the pictures meet the theme.