Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the T409 MBPR Catback Dual Exit exhaust. I have read that it gets surface rust after a while. Was thinking about maybe painting it with high heat paint, but not really sure if it will help or not with rusting. I know a lot of people love the sound and have these systems, I was just wondering how long has yours lasted or is currently at. I just kind of want to get a feel for how long I will have this system and any problems people have had with it.

· Registered
1,139 Posts
Jayroy26 said:
Just got the T409 MBPR Catback Dual Exit exhaust. I have read that it gets surface rust after a while. Was thinking about maybe painting it with high heat paint, but not really sure if it will help or not with rusting. I know a lot of people love the sound and have these systems, I was just wondering how long has yours lasted or is currently at. I just kind of want to get a feel for how long I will have this system and any problems people have had with it.
From MBRP's FAQs:

What is the difference between T304 and T409 Stainless?
T304 stainless steel will not oxidize or rust, it can however develop a golden color when exposed to high heat over time. T409 stainless steel has a fair amount of ferrous material in it and can show surface oxidization after some time, especially when exposed to road salt. This can be prevented by applying a stainless steel cleanser using a scouring pad. If you are concerned about long-term appearance, you should get the T304 system. If you are more concerned about the price, but want something that is more durable than aluminized steel, then the T409 system would be the system of choice.

I am sure you knew the information supplied.

If you do end up coating it, please post photos for others with the T409 to see the results.

Best of luck!

Tom
AutoAnything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.