Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was told at the local dealer that a shortage of microchips is preventing the build of the 6.6 gas for the 2500/3500. Wanting to upgrade to a bigger truck for towing and payload but they thought it may be fall before I will actually be able to get my hands on one. Also any rumors of the 22 model having the 10 speed; might be worth waiting a few more months if that is an option. Anyone out there have any info on either of these topics?

·
Administrator
5,890 Posts
Yes, kind of old news a this point. It's affecting virtually all manufacturers. Ford is building trucks without ECM's. Toyota and ****** are halting production. Stinks you have to wait but maybe the 10-speed would be worth the wait.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra Denali CC 4WD Ultimate 6.2L
5,069 Posts
Apparently the Camaro plant is on hiatus till the end of the month due to parts shortages. GM is having to build trucks without AFM (5.3L engines) because of semiconductor shortage. Its worldwide problem.So far, the microchip shortage has reduced availability of various vehicle options, including those for GM's popular full-size SUVs. It's estimated that the shortage will result in nearly 60,000 vehicles to be cut from GM's North America production schedule.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
GBSierraSLE said:
Yes, kind of old news a this point. It's affecting virtually all manufacturers. F*** is building trucks without ECM's. T*** and N*** are halting production. Stinks you have to wait but maybe the 10-speed would be worth the wait.
Damn! I was ready to go buy a [email protected]&d diesel
3/4 to 4wd if it didnt have an ecm, thinking they were going back to mechanical injection. Hut no, sadly, they are just building them without ecms and pushing them into a parking lot until they have ecms. Sad days!

·
Registered
54 Posts
everything everywhere in every industry in the country is hanging on edge due to the microchip issues. it has actually become a serious national security issue by now. i expect we will hear more about how different industries are going to be heavily affected by summer because of the chip issue.

·
Administrator
5,890 Posts
I read somewhere yesterday this has now affected the R brand, too. They are shutting down a plant in MI and one in another location (Mexico?) indefinitely. This is going to make prices go up on whatever trucks are actually available from each company. Used truck prices will also go up even higher than they already are... supply and demand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts