Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed a mini amp in their 2016 Silverado? I put in kicker speakers and they sound good. I want more volume, but want to keep the head unit. Wondering how much of a pain in the ass it is. I've done full systems, but don't want to go that deep.

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,240 Posts
You can access the speaker wires pretty easily and either hi level input or an LOC. Those Kickers will shine with RMS power they are rated at. Doing what you want the right way doesn't necessarily require plug and play kits.
2014 Silverado without Bose:

ITEM WIRE COLOR LOCATION

Left Front Speaker (+/-) // blue - brown/blue // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 1 - 9
Right Front Speaker (+/-) // yellow - yellow/black // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 2 - 10
Left Rear Speaker (+/-) // green - green/black // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 3 - 11
Right Rear Speaker (+/-) // white - blue/black // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 4 - 12

· Servicemen
180 Posts
Rambodog -- curious if you know if the wire colours & pins are the same for the Sierra models?
I'd assume they are, but we all know what happens if you assume....

· Registered
795 Posts
It wouldn't be cost effective for GM to buy different color wire harnesses and connectors for Sierras and Silverados.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.