Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife has an 06 Yukon (5.3l) 167K. OK so I'm not sure where to start looking, Yesterday on her way home with the kids she started getting a slight miss fire. This morning when she left for work and take the kids to school the miss fire got worse to the point she turned around and want back home. Once in the garage she noticed oil leaking from the passenger side front of the truck. Would this be in intake gasket or something else? Any ideas and any help would be great?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK so now that I'm home I was able to pull a code of P0300 Random Miss fire. There is no oil leak what she was seeing was the carbon and water that came out the tail pipe. Not sure where to start, my guess is to start with replacing the plugs and wires. Any other things I should look at or do????

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I'm no mechanic, but could it possibly be a coil pack?

Hopefully others will chime in who know more than me! :grin:

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
The P0300 would lead me away from suspecting any single cylinder as being the problem. If it was a bad coil pack it would give the code for the specific cylinder that was missing. I would check for a vacuum leak as well as what the fuel pressure is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I replaced the plugs and wires had fingers crossed and stared it. Still running like crap and threw the same p0300 code. I tried spraying brake cleaner around the intake to see if there was a change in the RPM's. Something I found on the internet. I finally decided it was over my head and took it to a local shop that said they would check it out for free of charge. Wish I would have known about this at 9 is morning. Thank you guys for your input I will keep you posted with what the shop finds out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.